Tuesday, July 28, 2026

REAL, BUT NOT QUITE


On the outside, looking in

Before the mirror, wearing thin

Bound and broken beneath my skin

Barely human, but I pretend

 

Behind the veil that hides my pain

Masks my emotions till I appear sane

Beyond their notice, without a trace

Bending and blending, I find my place

 

But in these shadows, I’m one step behind

Off to the side, just outside the lines

Imprisoned in darkness, confined to the night

Apart from the daylight, losing my mind

 

Trapped in the wasteland, arid and bare

Thirsty for hope in this desert of despair

Haunted by memories of the woman once there

Now a pale, lifeless copy who fails to compare

 

Residing in a world that’s real, but not quite

Ever in the background – here, but out of sight

Grasping and clawing, never reaching the prize

Longing to soar – finding ground, but never flight




No comments:

Post a Comment